What is Isha Hatha Yoga?
Isha Hatha Yoga programs are an unparalleled opportunity to learn classical hatha yoga in its full depth and vibrancy. The programs are conducted by highly trained teachers and are not taught merely for physical fitness and strength. They are a holistic process of naturally achieving mastery over the body and mind, so as to come to a state of health, joy, and bliss. The programs are an extensive exploration of hatha yoga and revive various dimensions of this ancient science that are largely absent in the world today.
Isha Hatha Yoga encompasses five ancient and powerful practices that transform the body and mind into great possibilities.
- Upa-yoga is a set of 10 powerful practices that activate the joints, muscles and energy system, rejuvenating the entire system.
- Angamardana is a series of 30 processes to invigorate the body and reach peak physical fitness and mental health.
- Surya Kriya is a potent 21-step yogic practice of tremendous antiquity, designed as a holistic process for health, wellness, and complete wellbeing.
- Yogasanas are a set of powerful postures to elevate one’s consciousness, stabilize one’s mind, emotions and energy system, and decelerate the aging process.
- Bhuta Shuddhi is a process of purifying the five elements within the human system leading to harmony and balance.
The Science of Hatha Yoga.
Sadhguru looks at how Hatha Yoga is not a physical exercise but a powerful means to prepare the body for higher possibilities. He looks at the importance of a Guru in the tradition and why Hatha Yoga can come alive only when “life is breathed into it.”
Hatha yoga is a preparatory process of yoga. The word “ha” means sun, “ta” means moon. “Hatha” means the yoga to bring balance between the sun and the moon in you, or the Pingala and Ida in you. You can explore Hatha yoga in ways that take you beyond certain limitations, but fundamentally, it is a physical preparation – preparing the body for a higher possibility.
Isha Hatha Yoga programs are an extensive exploration of classical hatha yoga, which revive various dimensions of this ancient science that are largely absent in the world today. These programs offer an unparalleled opportunity to explore Upa-yoga, Angamardana, Surya Kriya, Surya Shakti, Yogasanas and Bhuta Shuddhi, among other potent yogic practices.